Sunday, March 6, 2016

Digital Blog #D Chapters 8 & 10

Another good section that I read that caught my attention was about basically about teaching and interacting with the community. You can help out with school, as well with home and other activities to help students learn. The three concepts I chose for this assignment were: Focus on Issues That Have Meaning to Students, Building Learning Communities, and Teaching Beyond the School Day.

The first topic I chose was Focus on Issues That Have Meaning to Students. The reason I found this very interesting was because technology is the future. In order for students to want to interact with what they learn you must teach them what means the most to them. Student's do not want to go to school, it happens all around the world. What the future needs to do is allow students to actually want to attend school. I always wanted to know why learning about snow storms was going to help me with my future. We need to interact, teach, and be a part of these students future and actually teach them about the world and what it actually awaits for them.

In addition, the second topic that caught my attention was Building Learning Communities. To me this means being able to have clubs, and other activities so that the students as well as the parents and family can interact and help out around. Math clubs, History clubs, any kind of club that helps out and each student as they learn more and more.

The third concept I chose was Teaching Beyond the School Day. Tutors are a big part in this because sometimes students can't learn inside of class because of distractions. Having a tutor helped me improve my reading skills to pass the ACT with the score I needed. Teaching beyond school the day could be after school, during weekends, private teaching sessions to help students learn without class disruptions, and distractions.

In all honesty, these would have been so well for me during school, like learning about bills, and payments for house and cars, and other important things. Also me joining clubs would have been great as well but I was never into those kinds of things, I just wanted to get school over with.














https://www.powtoon.com/online-presentation/dbW1h9AgNZo/?mode=presentation#/

No comments:

Post a Comment